Inventing the automobile was life-changing. But the introduction of circuit boards changed the game. Integrating electronics into cars propelled the automotive industry forward at a fast pace. PCBs control everything from luxury features to performance: engine, wheels, antilock brake systems, transmission, steering, lighting, audio, digital displays… all powered by sensors and components on a printed circuit board. What is the major requirement for automotive PCBs? Reliability. They need to function for years under extreme conditions without fault.
MIS Automotive develops Advanced Sensor Technologies, including custom solutions that combine technologies for increased accuracy and reliability
- Radar Sensors
- Ultrasonic Sensors
- Infrared Sensors
- Advanced Camera and Vision Technologies
- lane change warning
- forward collision warning
- adaptive cruise control
Infrared + radar
INFRARED + RADAR
- blind spot warning
Ultrasonic + (infrared, radar, camera)
- backup assist
- cross path detection
- rear collision warning
- back over warning
Our business focus is to provide customers with high-reliability OEM electronics design and manufacturing services. We open access to advanced, proprietary products and technologies. Since 2014, when MIS registered its first patent for a drive system, we’ve supported our customers with turnkey product designs: design goals, DFMEAs, tester specifications, supplemental resources, problem resolution, and cost reduction:
- System Design and Product Specification
- Mechanical and Industrial Design
- Electrical Design and PCB Layout
- Software Design
- Tester Design and Specification
- Engineering Analysis
- DVP&R Creation, and Design/Production Validation Testing Services
MIS ensures satisfaction with a 6-phase gate product development process. For new projects, the scope is defined and the process begins at the appropriate phase.
- Manages all Program deliverables with respect to cost, quality, delivery, and continuous improvement.
- Defined Phase Gate Exit and Transition Criteria with Forward Looking Risk Assessments.
- Senior Management involvement via our Formal Phase Gate Sign Off processes.
- Based largely on APQP Structure.
- Exceeds TS 16949 Requirements.
- Integrates all aspects of Product, Process and Test Development.
- Supports conventional and accelerated development programs.
MIS Automotive’s manufacturing processes set the foundation for customer satisfaction. Early involvement ensures quality design, and our product teams strive for flawless launches and zero defects using proven tools and methods, including:
Design for Manufacturability Reviews.
PFMEAs that are linked to DFMEAs, and Customer Requirements, PPAP
Optimized Process Controls
Commitment to Continuous Training
Detailed Production Control Plans
Standardized, General Operating Procedures
First Off Inspection, Line Audits, SPC
Six Sigma Culture
Workmanship according to IPC Standards
Control of Inputs to Reduce Variation
Component Level Traceability
- Commitment to quality
- Customer focus
- Continual improvement
MIS AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS PROCESS
Our development, launch and volume production processes focus on managing customer inputs and requirements throughout the Product Life Cycle, such as:
- Proactive Material Planning to support pre-production builds and volume production
- Flexible Procurement of Long Lead Time Components
- Coordination of Engineering Changes
- Coordination of Material Obsolescence
- Coordination of End of Life Component Issues
- Coordination of Volume Production to Service Requirements
MIS Automotive’s product development process manages program activities and deliverables throughout the product life cycle. Continuous improvement Initiatives are always going on in the background in the spirit of improving cost performance, quality, and delivery. These include:
- Lessons learned and review of things gone right, things gone wrong at each phase gate review
- Value analysis/value engineering workshops (VA-VE)
- Synchronous manufacturing workshops and Lean Kaizen events