January 27, 2021
Please read our notice below for information regarding steps M.I.S. Electronics Inc. has taken to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus and protect our staff, customers and suppliers.
At M.I.S., we take the health and safety of our employees seriously. We have made several changes to our operations based on recommendations by the Public Health Ontario/Canada and company directives from our management team to prevent the harm that this pandemic poses on the health of our Human Resources, our Business and our Business Community.
- In-house face to face meetings with customers, suppliers or non-essential cotractors are restricted. We encourage our customers and suppliers to arrange for remote meetings on virtual platforms.
- Any employee that has traveled internationally or has come in close contact with someone who has returned from travel from outside province or country (within 4 weeks) has been directed to stay home and report to Human Resources.
- Employees have been encouraged to stay at home if they have an onset of cough, or symptoms of fever or chills and report this to the Human Resources through email, text or phone call. M.I.S. is responsible to trace and document all absentees.
- We have ramped up cleaning and sanitization protocols throughout the building and in particular, the production areas of high touch surfaces. Automatic antiseptics dispensers for hand sanitization have been installed in strategic areas, door open policy is implemented to reduce touch points and all restrooms have been equipped with automatic faucets and automatic soap dispensers.
- The social distancing measures and proper, mandatory all-day mask/face shield PPE are implemented and enforced in every possible area. Signage in this regard has been posted.
- All company related travel has been suspended.
- Every employee is asked to do a home self-assessment test before leaving for work every day and must answer no to every question on the COVID-19 Questionaire at the entrance before entering the building for work
- M.I.S. has produced a safety plan that is updated with new Public Health Ontario/Canada directives and explains what M.I.S.’s plans are in case of an outbreak/emergency.
- We continue to provide awareness meetings as well as posted notices to update our employees with the latest news from the Public Health Ontario/Canada.
- As this situation is fluid, we are closely monitoring the changes and are ready to adapt to any new measures
- At this, our production is in full working capacity and we are assuring that our customer orders will be shipped on a timely manner. Customers will be notified if any changes to our work schedule and/or delivery schedule take place due to the pandemic.
Our thoughts go out to the people around the world whose lives have been directly affected by this outbreak. We thank all front-line health workers and essential city and provincial workers that risk their lives every day for the health and safety of others. We thank each of our dedicated employees who have shown us that they take COVID-19 seriously and are working hard to comply with all measures to keep all of us safe while working. We thank-you, our customers and suppliers that have trusted us to continue working for you and along side you during these trying time.
M.I.S. Electronics Inc.